title : PART A DYNAMICS LABORATORY - FORCED VIBRATION (ONE DEGREE OF FREEDOM)
The Following things are to be done.
1) Identify and describe briefly the function of each major component in the system
2) Model the system using mass/spring/dampers and comment on its validity with regard to the experimental rig. What effect would these differences have on experimental results ?
3) For the purposes of experimentation it has been decided that the system response is to be the relationship between the output displacement of the moving mass and the input displacement to the spring.
4) For the purposes of determining the damping ratio of the experimental rig the logarithmic decay curve method is proposed. In this experiment the mass is displaced and released from rest. Sketch the acceleration versus time plot indicating points of interest and determine the damping ratio, damped natural frequency and undamped natural frequency.
5) Conduct forced vibration tests
6) For the analytical theoretical model determine an equation for : -
i) Analytical magnification factor versus frequency ratio of the system.
ii) Analytical phase lag versus frequency ratio of the system.
and plot on a suitable diagram
We shall start the work asap and amount will be paid through [url removed, login to view] only (I don't encourage paying through paypal and others)