I'm in the process of building a rotating turntable for a small community photography group. I'm looking for a CHEAP and SIMPLE motorized remote controlled system for the turntable. I've managed to make a hand controlled solution which involves pushing the turntable by hand in degree steps by way of a protractor.
Points to note:
1. I already have the base / stand sorted which includes: main shaft (35mm) with pillow pulleys at either end
2. I have 17 nema stepper motors salvaged from various projects (use any other motor if necessary (brushless servo ....)), the gearing system, LPS65 - M 24V power supply, P700 stepper driver.
3. Happy to consider another driver, or power supply
4. Happy to use an rotary encoder based system
5. Construction should be made simple for someone without an engineering background / relevant experience
Functions of the rotating table:
1. Using a remote control / switch, move the turntable by X degrees clockwise / anticlockwise. Imagine the oven temperature control gauge. When the marker is switched from the rest position to 200 Deg C, the temperature rises to 200 Deg C. Likewise if the turntable control is switched to 200 Deg C, the table rotates by 200 Deg C. Hope that makes sense.
2. Emergency stop button to completely power down the system
3. Smooth table movements
1. Design a remote controlled motorized turntable
2. Use stepper motors if (possible)
3. Max Budget for your system design (excluding the motors) £100 GBP
4. List and reference all required materials (these should be sold in the UK as we are trying to avoid import costs, unless you're using sites like [url removed, login to view] etc)
5. Where controllers / drivers or other items are referenced, please include product id / sku / part number
6. Include wiring / connection instructions
7. SUPPORT, SUPPORT, and More SUPPORT!
Please send me a msg if you have any question or you need more information.
Regards and thanks
7 freelancers are bidding on average $189 for this job
I have experience with controlling stepper motors from constructing a CNC machine, this is a fairly simple project. UK based, so easy to reach at any time if needed.