As a Hardware/Data-Centre Engineer the role holder will be focusing on equipment installation; device configuration; maintenance, testing & troubleshooting, constantly liaising with remote stakeholders based around the world, including in Australia, UK and US. This job requires working 126 night shifts (from 22h30 to 06h30 IST) over a 12- month contract. THIS IS A CONTRACTOR (SELF-EMPLOYED) FREELANCE POSITION - YOU MUST BE REGISTERED OR WILLING TO REGISTER AS A SELF-EMPLOYED FREELANCER.
As a self-employed Hardware Engineer, your main responsibilities will be:
• Site preparation: staging, "Rack and Stack", configuration, and product preparation.
• Inventorying & labeling of equipment.
• Power cycling a router, server, and switch and soft-booting a server.
• Infrastructure data cabling.
• Running new cable and cross-connects.
• Swapping hard drives, memory, any other internal component.
• Swapping of hot swappable components.
• Configuration of existing & new equipment.
• Keyboard, video and mouse (KVM) installation/configuration.
• Providing a KVM or IP Switch so that clients are able to configure their hardware remotely.
Maintenance, testing & troubleshooting
• General network and system troubleshooting.
• Set-up and connection of console port for remote management.
• Relaying equipment status and entering commands onto a pre-installed console.
• Circuit testing with carriers, liaising with third party engineers.
• Connectivity testing.
• Shipping & Receiving of equipment.
• Cleaning equipment and cabinets.