I'm on the look out for some hardware development assistance for a project that one of my customers would like to embark upon.
Fundamentally they would like to design a box build solution that concentrates on time lapse photography and the delivery of the images.
The project will potentially use either a Beaglebone Black or Raspberry Pie processor and will look something like this:
Layer 1: BeagleBone Black to deal with the programming of the unit connected to Layer 2. This programming consists of:
• Scheduling time lapse photos
• Storing images on SSD
• Controlling when the 4G unit connects to the internet to upload images
• Sending status updates to a central server for viewing on a web portal
• Automatically turning on and off to conserve battery power.
Link to BeagleBone:
[login to view URL]
Layer 2: Deals with the connections need to make the system work as requested by the program on Layer 1 this includes:
• Power distribution from 7.4 / 7.2 volt battery to SSD, DSLR camera, BeagleBone
• Charging battery
• USB connection to camera
• Saving image from camera to SSD
• 4G connection
• Connection to 4G antenna
• To be charged by a 12 volt solar panel
• To be able to use mains power via an adapter
• A backup battery that lasts at least 7 days based on taking and uploading 24 photos per day.
My customer would like a prototype board making up for Layer 2 to link all of the physical system elements together.
If this is something you may be interested in, please contact me via one of the numbers or email address below.
[Removed for encouraging offsite communication which is against our Terms and Conditions -Section 13:Communication With Other Users]
The schematic that you will create will need to be constructed in either Orcad or any another capture tool that intergrates with Cadence allegro PCB design software.