We are a small not-for-profit organisation based in South East Asia, working with video and online technologies.
We are looking for an experienced (5+ years) Linux sys-admin to add to our team, who is able to work 8 hours scheduled per week, with emergency contact available outside of these hours.
Start up hours - additional 24 hours in first week offered to get up to speed with our systems.
Our new sys-admin is required to look after one server (multiple VMs) and technical systems, including backups, administration of accounts, web server configuration, security patches, minor upgrades, monitoring and uptime maintenance. Commitment to ongoing updating and improving of technical documentation on our internal wiki is a must.
Our new sys-admin should work closely with our part-time technical manager and one other existing casual sys-admin, and also offer assistance to staff in administering email accounts and lists, project management software and other web services including maintenance, security patches and upgrades of Wordpress, Drupal, Redmine and CiviCRM installations. Other technical consultants who work with us will also need assistance from our sys-admin at times.
We are looking for somebody competent, experienced and friendly, with good communication skills, who works well in teams, and is fluent in English.
We also want to work with somebody who shares our long-term goals towards social and environmental justice, and who has a strong connection to FOSS projects. Experience with NGO sector a major plus.
• Ongoing maintenance and technical support for one main production servers and one backup server
• Monitoring and emergency uptime support of servers and major user-facing web services
• Ensure backup systems between servers are functioning effectively at all times
• Ensure technical documentation on our internal wiki is always up to date
• Weekly review and installation of security patches and updates to OS, web apps and plugins where required
• Weekly review of tickets in the technical issues management system, and response to all pending tickets
• Weekly response to requests to install new software or apply extensions or changes to existing services including cron jobs, email accounts, mailing lists and small fixes
• Weekly online meetings with technical team and engagement in planning and feedback
• Take a lead role in coordinating systems administration tasks
13 freelancers are bidding on average $33/hour for this job
Hi i am a experienced network administrator with the experience of Linux. i want to join your team and start my freelancer carrier in this field. write me for more details thanks