I use [url removed, login to view] to manage inventory across multiple marketplaces. I currently use microsoft excel to manage the listings on solidcommerce.
I need an access database that will simplify this process.
It needs to be compatible with solidcommerce's excel addin tool.
The database needs to be able to download all the data I require from solidcommerce; compare it to the current data in case there were changes (such as if I moved an item From one warehouse to another, or a price has changed, etc). Update the records that changed. While maintaining formulas for such fields as:
sale price, warehouse location, etc.
It should also let me find entries that need certain data (ie entries that are missing images, or descriptions or whatever I want to search for).
Data should be easily accessible via forms. And be extensible. IE I currently sell on [url removed, login to view], [url removed, login to view], volusion. If I add Ebay in the future, I need to be able to add that in with little outside effort.
Database should also let me match categories across the various platforms, assign my products to those categories. I will maintain a volusion oriented category structure. If a product, for example, is in "car parts" in my store, I need to be able to map "car parts" to the ebay/amazon/etc equivalent for easy uploading. I want to allow any item to exist in up to 5 categories.
I can provide the current excel structure as a template of how things should work.
Any data I change needs to be exportable to excel for uploading to solidcommerce. Any unchanged entries, of course, would not be uploaded.
In short, I want it to:
1) download all current data from solid commerce.
2) compare that data to current records
3) make changes to the current data (maybe allow me to accept/decline those changes)
4) allow me to make changes to data and reupload the changed data.
5) categorize items based upon a structure I provide and map that structure to other versions (I'd do a one time map for each, and it'd remember that)
6) create feeds (a la solid commerce specs) to various marketplaces
7) allow the use of custom variables a la solid commerce specs
8) create shopping engine data feeds (csv format), that could be uploaded to various shopping portals
9) add products and then upload to solidcommerce and the various marketplaces
Maybe more...we can talk about it.
Attached is the generic start up template. Mine is a bit more complex, using formulas to define various fields.
Also, there can be up to 100 custom variables as well (I use about 10 of them right now).
25 freelancers are bidding on average $1808 for this job
This is an exciting project which is hard to come by in this place - I have 15 years of corporate and freelance experience with Access, Excel, SQL and data which may come useful.
I'm a Microsoft certified MS Access developer, +12 years of experience as well as a Database/MySQL Web programmer. I did a similar project for a client not long ago; I'm ready to get started with your project.