I have several excel workbooks saved in various different folders. I want a macro which will be used to compile a summary of the other workbooks.
So the macro should:
1) look for a certain workbook names in a certain folders (wb name and folder path will be listed on a tab of the macro, called "File names"). It will tick off or highlight in some way workbooks its finds with match the name, and if some are missing it will skip and go to the next workbook
2) Then look for two certain words in column A and copy the row for cell A to AA for any any data between these two words (The words are "Cash Breaks" and "Misc Adj". Cash breaks will always be above misc adj. If these two names are not found on each tab it checks please flag according on "File names" tab on macro and skip to next tab on workbook.
3) The macro will ignore certain tabs on the workbooks, like any tabs starting with"_" or called "Raw Data" or "GL"
4) It will paste the data copied back into one tab on the macro on column C. And in Column A it will have the workbook name the data came from, and in column B it will have the tab name the data came from.
5) Macro will end by saving results in a folder and pop up a text box with a warning of either "All workbooks found and included in results" if all workbooks on list were found and the two names on each tab it looked in where present or "Some workbooks data were not found, please check "file list" for more details"
That's it, if you need some dummy data, I can gladly send you on a few workbooks to demonstrate what I mean etc, hopefully this will be a fairly straightforward project as I have lots of future work I need done which will be more complicated, all excel based.
12 freelancers are bidding on average €26 for this job
Excel Expert freelancer here with over 10+ years of experience . I have done similar kind of project. I can go through this very easily. Please check my review and ratings. I can complete this within a day
Hi, I will be happy to write that macro for you. Please send me the master file and a sample data file together with folder names and I will start on it right away