1) Let’s talk about some issues with Mean Variance Optimization:
i) What are three weaknesses of Mean Variance Optimization?
ii) What are three solutions to fix deficiencies in Mean Variance Optimization?
2) What are the differences of Top-Down Analysis vs Bottoms-Up Analysis?
3) What are the three types of data collection errors? Please elaborate each of these problems
4) From the documentary, who was the head of Long Term Capital Management?
5) Let’s deal with some Behavioral Finance
i) What type of behavioral trap would a successful asset manager who has not experienced any losses before most likely suffer from?
ii) If an investor suffered massive losses during the 2008 Financial Crisis, what behavioral trap are they to most likely exhibit?
iii) If a company releases a warning that their actual results may miss their guidance, but an analyst does not change their models, what behavioral trap are they most likely exhibiting?
iv) If I am a KMT party voter in Taiwan, and only listen to publications that support the KMT party, what type of behavioral trap am I stuck in?
v) If I am a Spontaneous Investor and like to chase the trends, what type of behavior am I exhibiting?
6) Using Bloomberg’s EQS function, find me the top 10 companies with the following properties:
• Listed on US Exchanges
• Consumer Discretionary Sector
• Market Capitalizations greater than or equal to USD 3 billion dollars
• P/E Ratios of less than 11x
Provide a screen grab in the word document and attach your excel output :