Need someone with solid VBA / Macro skills to setup workbooks with macros for finance users.
Over the next few weeks I will have excel work on an hourly rate - good performers will be rewarded with more work.
Some examples provided below.
I have attached a sample workbook. A simple job - setup a macro that converts 12 monthly columns of data to 12 separate csv files.
I will use this as a test job and then give more work out.
From the 9th to the 25th I will have work each day that needs doing.
- I will place work in a dropbox with instructions
- Macro to convert data from a single sheet with 12 monthly columns to 12 separate csv files labelled 001_2012, 002_2012 etc all stored in one folder
- Macro to insert a vlookup formula in a column, and validate account numbers against a master list, apply data sort and show accounts that are not on the master list
- Any experience with Oracle SmartView (11.1.2) VBA functions is highly desired - setting users default connections, submitting data using hsset
- I have a book of macros that apply data formats ($, %, colours etc). A cleanup of this code would be good, and advice how to set this to always be in the background.
- Macros that copy all sheets of a workbook, delete original sheets, then rename the copied sheet. Eg Sheet 1 becomes Sheet 1 (1), then delete Sheet 1, rename Sheet 1 (1) to Sheet 1. This is so data connections to SmartView adhoc are broken and new connections can be applied by the user.
- Strong english skills required. All Macros need to be commented to explain what the sub does, workbooks for users need a help sheet that explains each macro
- Experience with Ultra edit preferred. I have about 100 text files that all need opening in UltraEdit and the macro I have written run against them. At the moment I am manually opening each file and doing it one by one. If you know how to run the macro (a simple find/replace) against all files then this is easy work. I need all the folders to be zipped back up (about 10 folders in total)
- I will be setting up Finance Budgeting models that retrieve data from Essbase - apply growth formulas, compare year on year and link into a Smartview submission form. Don't need help with the data connections. Once I have setup the base workbook, I will need someone to roll it out for multiple products - essentially copying the block of formulas down the sheet and checking formula references are correct, applying consistent formatting etc.
- Workbook protection - apply cell protection to all cells except inputs etc to ensure formulas cannot be broken by end users.
- General excel formula modelling work
- Experience with waterfalls a big plus - I have a formula based waterfall, anyone who can apply some smarts to this a plus.
- I have data coming from the planning system (Essbase) into excel, from here we have graphs (Budget vs Forecast) etc. I will post existing workbooks and ask for improvements in the formulas. No work on the database retrieve needed.
Sample file is attached
I need a few hours work completed quickly (next 36 hours) - then would expect around 2hours work to be completed with 24hours of sending it out. I can be flexible, but you need to be available between the 10th and 22nd October and particularly 10th to 14th.
It is critical that you can do the data conversion with UltraEdit (or sillier) I have the macro (simple find/replace) but you need to run it on about 100 files - quick if you automate it.
12 freelancers are bidding on average $29/hour for this job
Hi, I have lots of experience in data processing using excel. I can provide you with a solution that is less time consuming and easy to use and I;m available for the time stipulated. Please check PMB psprongs
Hi, I am a VBA & Oracle developer (SQL + PL/SQL). I created the macro for the "test" you posted and I will send it to you shortly. Please check your inbox. Best regards!