I work for a media outlet and we are seeking to analyze data on firearms that have been recovered in connection to criminal investigations in Joliet, Illinois. We have the records in .pdf form and we need a Data Entry Clerk to input the information into a spreadsheet to streamline analysis.
Attached to this project you'll find a .pdf file labeled IL_Joliet_Rec3.3. We need the Data Entry Clerk to extract the following pieces of information from these documents and input them into columns so each firearm is represented in a single row:
1) Case Number: Enter the case number exactly as it appears. But be careful, as some cases involve more than one firearm. Each firearm needs to have its own row.
2) Offense Date -- Enter the date in M/D/YYYY format.
3) Offense -- Enter the text exactly it appears, excluding the leading numerals. For example, "1430 UNLAWFUL USE/POSSESSION OF WEAPON/AMMUNITION BY FELON" should be entered as "Unlawful use/possession of weapon/ammunition by felon"
4) Gun Make: Input the make of the firearm, excluding the code before the dash. For example, "HIH - Hi-Point Firearms" can just be entered as "Hi-Point Firearms"
5) Model: Enter the model exactly as it appears
6) Caliber: Input only a single numerical value for the caliber. For example, "9-9 Caliber" can just be entered as "9"; "22-22 Caliber" can be entered as "22", and so on.
7) Serial Number (S/N): The serial numbers in the document are marked with the abbreviation S/N. We need you to enter the value between the colon and the two forward slashes. For example, "S/N: 1918936/ /" should be entered as "1918936". But be careful, as some serial numbers contain characters such as hyphens and slashes that need to be entered. For example, "SN: 1918/936/ /" should be entered as "1918/936".
I attached an example of one batch of .pdfs that I inputted into an Excel.
19 freelancers are bidding on average $25 for this job
I've 7+ years experience in Analytics industry. Worked on Excel, SQL, SAS and Big data extensively. Expect a Error free, on-time, good quality delivery from my side.