We have created a simple app. The app (iPhone android) is created & approved by Apple Store and Google Play.
What is it? We want users to use the app to rate (or check) public toilets around the world, have a look at our site [url removed, login to view] and you will understand.
We need to release the app and have the greatest impact possible. We need a solid marketing geek who will deliver in a 3- to 6-month plan:
1. Give us more ideas about what to do, and do it!!! VERY ImportANT
2. Start a blog. Write interesting content that will draw people to our site. “Buffer app” does this really effectively.
3. Share our content using Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and LinkedIn profiles to promote the app
several times a week.
4. Promote our product video(s).
5. Get press. This entails getting press releases drafted and posted to the press release sites.
6. Pitch to app review websites. Sites like “148apps”, “AppStoreApps” and “AppAdvice” can generate a lot of buzz
for our app if those sites mention it.
7. Identify bloggers who write in niches that relate to our app. Travellers & foodies etc. Contact them.
8. Start a podcast. Publish it on iTunes or our own website. Draw content from the niche our app caters to
9. Collect email addresses. Gather potential customer emails through Facebook, Twitter or our
website. An email list of people who have opted in is a powerful marketing tool.
10. Use Dubbler. Promote our blog posts or content having to do with our app’s niche on Dubbler -- a 60-
second audio social network.
11. Post on Pinterest. Use blog images, infographics and visual content from our app to create content on
our Pinterest board. You can even use happy customer photos or hold contests.
12. Run a contest. For example, you can encourage people to tweet and share content on their social
networks promoting your app.
13. Create a Facebook group. Form a group for people with common interests related to our app’s niche so they can meet and socialize regularly.
14. Contact admins of related Facebook pages. Look for pages with 100k+ likes and reach out to their
admins. Make sure these pages have something to do with the focus of our app. Then give them a
compelling reason to mention it.