The Synergy Lab at Yale-NUS College would like to invite you to take part in our research study if you’re over the age of 21 and a healthy male.
We are interested in understanding more about views and attitudes towards love. We would like to use your photograph in our study. You should be the main and only subject in the photograph. The photograph can be your professional headshot or selfie and must be of moderate to high resolution and quality.
Your picture will be used to:
• Create a fake Tinder profile (sample below),
• Obtain data from female participants by asking them questions about your profile based on your physical attractiveness, and/or
• Provide the participant with fake messages sent by the person in the profile (as depicted by your picture).
Provided is a sample of a fake Tinder profile and the questions we will be asking participants.
(Participants move a slider across a scale with "0" being "Not true at all" and "100" being "Completely true".)
1. I agree with the statement "I would like to talk to the person in the profile."
2. I think the person in the profile is likable.
3. I agree with the statement "the other participant (the person in the profile) is similar to me."