We need to develop a multiplayer flash game using the playerIO ([url removed, login to view]) multiplayer api.
The game is micro racers, this is a single player version. We want it as a multiplayer game using the playerIO api, as well as a single player version of this game. ([url removed, login to view])
The link gives the concept of the game.
1. The design is more or less the same however we need better physics.
2. The game will have 20 tracks, so that we can select a track which will be played by our players for say a month. Every month we should be able to enable a single track out of the 20 say for that month.
3. Every player in the multiplayer game will have a different color car. Maximum number of players in multiplayer game will be 6.
4. The game graphicds design also has to be done by the developer. The graphics are not too complicated, more or less like the game link given above.
5. Using playerIO requires design of game lobby in AS3 and game server side code to be made in c#.
One point We would want to mention here is :
Developing a multiplayer game with the playerIO API involves none of the socket programming etc etc. The sole purpose of this API is to take away that burden from the developer while making multiplayer games. So If you have a fair knowledge of C# , flash game development and software architecture, please bid. I strongly suggest you try their sample games downloadable at : http://playerio.com/download/
In relation to point number 1 and 2 and 4:
The design has to be of very good quality.
Though it has been said in point 4 that design has to be done by developer, It will be provided by us if you give a list of requirement of graphics to be designed eg track border/track background.
But If you are willing to do design by yourself (if you are really good)rather than we providing the graphics, then do bid accordingly, that is the bid without any graphic design by you.
In relation to point 5 :
We are looking for a multiplayer game with very good interaction between players, which happens in the lobby ofcourse.
To make things clearer to our bidders, we are proposing the lobby structure/design/ and functionality as can be seen at this link : it is on a website names www.come2play.com.
Link : http://www.come2play.com/visit_demo_channel.asp?game_id=102
This lobby design is perfectly possible using the playerIO multiplayer API. The API contains various functions like listrooms() , getplayerdata() etc etc.
We would like you to try the game at the link mentioned above and get a feel of the functionality the lobby gives.
As you will see that this lobby is the same for all of the other games too.
We too would like you to write code in a way, that in future when we add another game. Then this game should be able to use the same lobby.as file in the game's client side code.
For more information visit www.playerio.com , they have very good documentation and forums.
Also i would strong suggest : Please download sample flash multiplayer game available from their website available at this link :
In the tic tac toe game folder you can see how they have implemented their primitive lobby.as file
We are hoping to get started earlier that thought so please bid fast.