We need a Unity3D developer to work on a project to create a Real-time strategy game(i.e. Similar to Red alert 3, Company of Heroes, ). You will need to have an excellent grasp of AI routines (including team based AI routines). A good level of knowledge of warfare is also required.
We are looking to hire someone on an hourly basis. This project will be hundreds of hours of work and will involve working with many other developers, 3D artistes, and we have need a lot of Unity3D work on other projects as well! For the right person we will offer you as much work as you are able to take on.
You will be expected to create AI logic and code. You will need to document your code to a high standard. You will need to sign an NDA, and no tell people what you are working on.
What we plan to do:
Create game within 3-6 months. (Main export to PC, but would also look into releasing on ps3/xbox360 at a later date.
Game to have 32 maps/32missions. (We will bring in map designer and an cut scene animator, which you would need to work closely with.) (Some examples of map design you will work with and need to create/modify. attach [url removed, login to view])
Game will have 10 different faction: USA, UK, France, Germany, china, Russia, Japan, Iran, S-Korean, N-Korean. All will have similar troops, buildings, ships and air-crafts, but each one will have COUNTRY-SPECIFIC UNITS.
As stated above the game will have troops, buildings, ships and air-crafts in the same way as (Red alert 2 had set-up) (We will bring in a unit developer/artist to create the models but you will play a big aspect in this role as well.) (example of unit a troops unit and one ship unit in attached: [url removed, login to view] [url removed, login to view]
The will be a strong economic factor in this game, as troops, buildings, ships and air-crafts will be bought.
You main duties will be:
You will be the lead developer of the RTS game, i'll be doing the easier job of game development managing, tracking the progress and allocating resources. I will be in contact with on a daily basis on skype when we up scaled the hours (I manage a few projects on a daily basis and will need you to advice me on what is needed for you to complete the game. (I'm not a game developer, so you must be able to take control of the creation process.)
1) create the game logic. (Arrays, managing a map: in order to work out which blocks are occupied. (if your asking what an array is, dont continue bidding, get a solid understanding on your chosen language before bidding)
2) Make a advance, 3D turn based game. (Then we will go from there to add RTS elements.)
3) To start to develop battle AI, while I create the story line for the game and we will work together to plan that process.
4) Then we will improve the user interface that will be used in game, I designed example of what we want. This is just a quick mock up [url removed, login to view]
5) Once we have the (API) done we will go from there to develop mission, maps ect... this will be the longest part and take it from there together to finish the game. (At this point will be when we map developers, unit developers, and animators to do the cut scenes.
We will start off at 15 hours a week at $15 per hour , then after a few weeks after we have seen you can do the job depending on how many hours you spare we will rise the hours. If you can not do more then 15 hours we will take on another Unity3D developer to work under you. (15hours @ $15)
If someone thinks they could do a better job in flash, send us a message explaining why!
PLEASE DONT WASTE MY TIME AND MONEY IF YOU CANNOT CREATE THE GAME, PLEASE DO NOT BID IF YOU ARE NOT 100% SURE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO DO IT!
8 freelancers are bidding on average $14/hour for this job
Worked in solo projects to learn and then did a job as a freelancer, in developing some scripts. I'm a game programmer, working with C#, and experienced with some others engines.