3-D FLY OVER OF PLANET MARS LANDSCAPE FOR COMMERCIAL
Create 3-d graphics of Mars in an exciting fast paced “Fly Over” style that “Morphs” the Red Planet from a barren red dustball, through an ice melting and water covering and volcanic island rising phase, into a green phase where water is distributed throughout the planet, fluffy clouds form and lush vegetation takes up all over, to the final rising of massive 3-d entertainment complexes, flying machines and super futuristic high rise buildings of all shapes and sizes.
The Phases of the Mars, The Red Planets Metamorphosis
1. Mars - Red Planet from afar. Rotaing in Space. Two Moons (Phobos and Deimos) orbit the Red Planet, as well as a captured asteroid – Eureuka. We fly into Mars Atmosphere. Approximately 10 seconds
2. Mars the Red Desert “Dead Planet”. Barren red dusty, rusty sand and rocks strewn about. We fly over craters, valleys, mountains, and the mysterious face on Mars. Near the end of this phase we see some ice. Approximately 10 seconds
3. More ice – ice melting at an enormous rate. Blue water begins spread about, Volcanos erupt and molten volcanic rock islands form in the water. Approximately 10 seconds
4. Greens, grass, and exotic trees and flowers spring up all over. Lakes, beaches rivers, pastures, snow covered mountains all begin to form . . .Mars is now very similar to a beautiful blue planet rich with life. Fluffy clouds form and lush vegetation takes up all over. Approximately 10 seconds
5. Incredible energy crackles and fills the air as Massive futuristic Structures spring up everywhere. Futuristic versions of The greatest structures the earth has ever known spring up. These are 3-d entertainment complexes, and super futuristic high rise buildings of all shapes and sizes. They pop up everywhere! On the shorelines, the plains, on islands - -everywhere! Approximately 15 seconds
6. The camera turns and we switch from flying forward to a turn so that we can “Pull away” from the planet. We pull away from the planet past the moons Phobos & Deimos and past the Asteroid Eureuka catch a glimpse of a Futuristic yet retro looking flying machine Zooming By (The fisrt sign of actual life!). This section approximately 5 seconds.
The Fly Over
Must be fast and exciting with a steady camera. Note in the example the “Alien Horizon” (planets, interesting moons and asteroids in the space horizon background. In the example, this is the minimum speed. Please Gain Speed as the minute progresses. See the example flyover here: PLEASE NOTE the color in this example is wrong – even for the first phase (must be more red, must be dusty and detail must be greater!
[url removed, login to view];q=planet%2C+animation&total=2686&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=2
Examples of the “Look of the Phases”
There are examples of the looks of each "Phase" in the storyboards. These are rough examples and must be much more realistic and HIGHLY DETAILED. Please see the examples provided in the storyboards.
Please Read Carefully!
To qualify for this job you will have to have previously done SIMILAR work and be able to show us samples of your work. By Similar work we mean fly overs (Virtual Camera) over detailed 3-d landscapes, and artwork examples that demonstrate that your vision of the phases of this planet moving from a dead world to a lush ad beautiful landscape matches our own. If you do not have such work, please be prepared to create a sample piece to submit.
We prefer to receive links to these, not attachments or emailed files.
Please note, If you haven’t done similar work, you will have to submit project samples. Sorry but no exceptions. There have simply been too many bidders on GAF that bid on work that do not not have the ability to execute in a professional and broadcast quality manner.
The full job amount (Your Bid) will be in escrow until the job is completed.
The key to this job is DETAIL. We need an exciting detailed minute with a lot happening in the morphing. The entire minute should truly be one long detailed morph – not 9 seconds of a phase and then a 1 second morph.
Here is an example of a planet morphing from a dead planet to a beautiful blue planet. This is from Star Trek 2 – from 1982!!! So we’re expecting MUCH MUCH more!
[url removed, login to view]
Also note that the camera in the Star Trek example is pulling backward. We are looking for a forward moving camera until the pull away from the planet at the end.
for portfolio see http://nshcreative.i8.com Just worked as a Technical Director at Pixar Animation Studios. Will deliver very professional and catchy 3d graphics. Working on a mockup that I will send via pm.