In need of a developer to work on an existing flash drawing. It was written in Flex,
About the application:
The software is used to draw fences for a fence installation company. The drawing pulls from a template depending on the type of fence and draws a segment accordingly adding automatically the necessary posts bases on the template details. The application is currently written in asp.net mvc c#.
What we need:
1) The application does not currently work from the template. The template will contain the information about the type of fence and how often there a new fence will be drawn. These templates are already created flash app just has to pull the number from the "on center" field.
2) The application currently has the option to add a new fence and post by right clicking on the drawing. There should be two options when right clicking:
- New fence
- Continue Fence
The piece of fence that is chosen as "continue fence" should be different from the new piece of fence either by color or type of line used.
3) After any of the above options are selected a pop up window should show up with a drop down menu to choose from one of the predetermined fences.
The template selector feeds from a field in the sql database for each template that tells it the "on center" calculation, which is how long the panel is before a new post has to be drawn.
4) The application has the ability to draw an object, in this case being the construction or house. This object is currently re sized by entering the dimensions into a width and length panel but has to be changes to being re sized by dragging right on the screen.
5) Three more objects just like the above had to be able to be inserted into drawing. Circle, Square and a text box. These should also have the option to be re sized by dragging on the corners. 4
6) Once the fence is drawn the application should send the length of each fence to a table in the sql server. This is already programmed in the application. Just need the drawing to send the number of panels to a column.
7) The application should be able to count the number of panels it is drawing fo each piece of fence and round up based on the "on center" field pre-selected in the fence template.
ie if the template specifies that the fence is divided in in 8ft panels: if the fence drawn measures 68 feet which is equal to 8panels of 8ft and a remainder of 4 feet.
The application should round automatically to the next panel. in the case above the extra piece becomes panel #9. so the number that needs to be pushed to the database is finally 9 panels for that piece of fence.
8) Currently when a new piece of fence is drawn a measurement with feet and inches is included. Need to change it to just feet.
Please refer to this fence calculator but keep in mind that we do not require anything close to the graphic design this app has. We need simple objects and lines no backgrounds or any fancy effects. Refer to how the fence automatically places the posts when the fence is drawn.
[url removed, login to view]
*to add a new piece of fence click on ctrl once and then extend the fence line.
Just to recap:
We do have a flash animation currently in the system, just need to modify/add the features above
I am attaching a picture of what the animation looks like right now. Keep in mind that the priority is functionability and not design/graphics
Timeframe for delivery: One week