My name is Steven,
I am a young startup photographer looking for a flash designer who can program my new photography site using flash, actionscript and php.
The new layout of my site ist held very simple and effective, similar to [url removed, login to view], [url removed, login to view] and [url removed, login to view] except that it doesnt use any thumbnails which in my view will only distract the user. I come from a HCI and screen design background myself so I ve already done 90% of the layout. The nifty bit is were the actionscript and php programming comes in.
The visible specs of the layout to start with (see .png or .psd mockup layout):
1. This flashsite is designed for 1024x768
2. The man page has my logo at top right. A main content frame of width 800 and height max 600 pixels.
3. The captions (if any included) approx 9 pixels underneath the respective picture.
4. 12 pixels top right of content frame are 3 main nodes: /portfolio and /personal work and /content. The former two are photo galleries. On mouseover they will turn grey and on clicking they will expand into subnodes (gallery names).
What the end product should be able to do:
1. Dynamic gallery. IE. On loading the site runs a script that checks the respective root folder for photo galleries that are organised in folders. I will be able to update the website by simply uploading folders into a „/content/“ folder.
2. I will be able to control certain properties of the galleries by entering parameters into two separate text files which is also uploaded (probably best into another folder called „/parameters“ or something more suitable). Parameters are (but maybe not limited to in the future):
For Folders – Gallery name (ie. Sequence of appearance)// mp3 name (some galleries are slideshows with background music)//Speed of the slideshow – slow, medium, high//Autoplay Yes/No (Default is yes‡ Gallery plays all pictures ONCE only. At the same time the user should be able to click the stop button in case he gets annoyed).
For Pictures in the folder – Filename (ie. Sequence of appearance)//Caption (Multiple lines possible)// Alighment (Default is Top Left for all pictures!)
So far thats the most important. What i havent yet added or is not visible on my mockup layout:
3. A play slideshow button with „previous/next“ arrows similar to that of [url removed, login to view] – only exception the start/stop button should toggle.
4. A „on/off“ switch for the music.
5. A download picture link
6. a „loading“ bar display a two digit value percentage.
7. a simple intro screen that displays my logo and the loading bar saying „loading galleries.. loading audio, etc“
8. A php contact page similar to the current one on [url removed, login to view] except that subject line is free to chose.
9. Alpha channel change between pictures should be similar to that of [url removed, login to view] but without the additional resize.
10. Oh and of course I need't mention that it should work great on pc as well as mac platforms... iPhones...hmmm i heard they have problems.
Alright, that pretty as clear as I can put my vision in words for now. Happing workin’ and my the „secret“ be with you!
[url removed, login to view]