I had hired someone to make a website designed for sharing family photos and videos. Unfortunately the site was not completed and there are some bugs that need to be fixed. The designer stopped answering emails and gave me NO customer support. This site was intended to share pics of my newborn son with our family around the world.
I basically want a site to share photos and videos. The video section works great, but the photo section is a mess. I really just want something the resembles on of the photosharing sites (google, shutterfly, kodak, etc) but nothing as fancy. My website is www.mehtalens.com. Please take a look at it. There are quite a few problems here. Below I've listed just a few.
1. The flash was working, but now pics loaded into the flash do not display on the site.
2. The picture albums (stored under collections on the left) is the major problem.
a. When you click on an album, for example, Travel, you should then have a page with sub albums, example, England, Canada, US, India, etc. Each album should have a thumbnail picture which I can choose from within the albums. I should then be able to click on a particular sub album for example India, and then if I want pictures-I get them, or I can have more sub albums. I should be able to have as many sub albums as I like.
b. When I click on a picture, it should open up with arrows on the left and right to take me to the next pic or previous pic. There should also be a slideshow option where you can control the speed of each image displayed.
c. Also when you click on a picture, it should fit on the page displayed, you should not have to scroll up and down to see the entire picture.
3. My pics are taken in large format. They need to be resized as most public photo sharing sites automatically do when we all upload pics. This would be great if it was built into the upload tool.
4. The upload tool is already there. It may need some tuning up, but basically it uploads multiple files with a drag and drop feature. I have over 13,000 pics to upload, so I should not have to click each pic individually. Once they are uploaded, there is a file manager which is designed poorly. Too difficult to assign pics to different albums. We would need something easier.
5. Other problems will be discussed as they come up.
The section under photo gallery on the left works well in the sense that it does what the Collections section should do. You can use this as a template to correct the collections section. Also other sites which are very good for photo album viewing such as google pictures, shutterfly, etc can be used for templates.
Basically most of the stuff is there and may need some adjusting. Other stuff may need more adjusting. I dont know if it would be easier for you to rewrite the code for individual sections or edit the current code--I leave that to your discretion.
I will give you the acces to the admin section once we have agreed to proceed. As I have had poor luck with the last person from this site, I am hoping to do better this time. I had given them ALOT of money for incomplete work. I hope you are able to help me.
Thank you so much,
23 freelancers are bidding on average $161 for this job
hello, we are php experts from Shanghai China, we have done many photo gallery projects.for your projects,all those adjustments are minor problems, let us do that for you. Thanks!
I am a professional web designer and can easily tackle your problems. I can do the project for you very quickly and can always be contacted through email. You will feel well if you choose me.
Hello, i'm a proffesional web designer with programs to over 1000$ maybe im a little more exspensive than others, but you dont risk to get a bad website if you pick me.