We need a database and Flash coding pro to help produce an interactive, standalone Flash/Adobe Air application.
Here are the specs for the application:
1. The application interface will allow users to choose an athletic team uniform from one of several sports, then select uniform colors and styles, create team name art & select number styles.
[url removed, login to view] application will allow users to save their design styles and place an order, either by print & fax if offline, or by submitting the order to a server if online.
3. The application will be data-driven. Our goal is for the application to retrieve a download that will update the software (as new releases are developed), and update the uniform/garment data. A downloadable update is preferred (perhaps a flatfile for the data, and realtime import of the Adobe Illustrator uniform art files), rather than a live connection to a database, because many of the users will use this application offline.
[url removed, login to view] data may need to be stored on the user's local harddrive, then submitted to a server for processing. Secure processing is not necessary, since the users will be purchasing with an account and/or purchase orders rather than credit card.
5. Uniform art will be provided in Adobe Illustrator format.
6. The interface design will be created in Illustrator CS3, and all program flow & logic will be provided. Vendor will produce back-end coding in ActionScript (3.0 preferred) and port the finished app to Adobe Air as a standalone application.
7. We're looking for a modular approach -- we should be able to easily add to, or remove, uniforms from the application, preferably through an admin interface.
8. Provider must provide commented/documented source code.
9. Provider will be required to complete a non-disclosure agreement for the project.
Timeframe for delivery: Looking for a May 1 launch date. Beta testing may begin sooner. Most of the uniform art is complete, and the interace design is currently in early stages. I expect to have approval of the design by March 24, possibly sooner.
Vendors should be able to demonstrate, with examples, data-driven
Flash and/or Air applications. We're not looking for a designer, but a hard-core Actionscript coder to program the back-end of the application.