1. Add install and setup option to allow user to specify where sound files reside.
Customer may have very little disk space, and should be able to load sound files from CD desired.
The default should be to install to hard drive. Also, user might have a small C: drive, but a large D: drive
so user should have ability to install software on c:program files.... but have sound files for example on
2. Add desktop icon to install (if not there). I can design or hire artist if needed.
Also use icon instead of yellow-dot in upper left corner.
3. Background color change - when goes to gray/black, the background music controls disappear.
Can you lighten those colors when background gets darker?
4. Background music control is upside down! Greater volume should be at top,
lesser volume at bottom.
5. The MENU button is easy to miss and is in a different place at different
screens. Your button placement should stay fairly consistant. Many times the
button is on top of a picture and easily lost in the designs.
Suggestion: When we are in Story, the menu button is an actual button, but
in many places it is a menu item. Could we assume that every listbox
will need a "menu" button, and always show it as a button?
Also switch slides to have slides on right, and try to put menu button
almost the same location on the left, so when user is in slides,
clicking the menu button will be almost same as clicking it elsewhere.
Maybe menu button should go in task bar – see #7 below.
6. English Translation - pop-up - align text to colons.
7. Lower right - add a navigation tool bar - similar to Internet Explorer.
Should contain: Home, Back, Next, Options.
This should be there on every screen - so the bottom of the screen basically
becomes the toolbar. Right now, in story mode, you have page-up, page-down.
These would be buttons in the toolbar - that would only be available in
the stories - but the Home, Next, Back, Options would always be there.
8. The same navigation bar should work in flashcards and slides as well.
9. Reshape the flashcard screen to match the main screen and slides more.
10. Add a user setup option (Option button on toolbar above)
- that allows the user to choose between pop-up
English translation, or putting the English translation in the same location
(probably under the picture above the music/color controls).
11. On the admin screen, add a delete function. When they choose delete,
show a message that says "Deleting this student will cause permanent loss of all
student history. If you wish to procede type in delete in the box to the right."
Only if user types in "delete", then delete the student.
12. Flashcards - add 'hot keys' where mouse is not required.
All buttons at bottom can use first letter.
If student types letter P, computer does same as clicking Pass button.
For Speak - use "S" and let's change "Show" to View and use "V".
Also allow left arrow = Forgot, up arrow=Pass, and right-arrow=Good.
Plus-Sign = Import and Minus-Sign = Remove.
13. Make buttons on audio-player 1.9 larger. Make list-box of audios longer (vertically).
Also space buttons apart equally.