Simple Interactive Globe
To be used as the main point of user interaction on my website's homepage (website currently in development).
- The globe should be a high quality photo-realistic globe.
- It should be possible to zoom into/out from the globe such that at its closest the globe fills the screen/window, such that it is still possible to see the globe’s entire perimeter
- it is NOT a requirement to be able to zoom in infinitely
- The individual continents and oceans of the globe should be selectable:
- When a continent/ocean is clicked once, it is highlighted (the selected continent remains in full colour, while all other areas become greyscale)
- When a selected continent/ocean is clicked for a second time, it is un-highlighted and the globe returns to full colour.
- When a continent/ocean is double clicked, the user should be directed to another page within the website. The address for this page can be written into the application's code, as long as it is easy to change.
- When a continent/ocean is highlighted, it should be possible to double-click it to forward to the related page
- When first opened, the globe should rotate in the correct direction at a constant speed and on its correct angular tilt. The user is free to rotate the globe into any position, but after rotating, the globe should return to rotating in the correct direction and at the same speed as it initially did, but should NOT return to its correct orientation.
- There should be a button which returns the globe to its starting orientation - this button is as yet undefined/undesigned, so it should be possible to easily assign this action to any feature on the homepage.
I will provide a rough storyboard of my ideal requirements
The ultimate aim is to have a very sleek/high-quality interactive interface which is intuitive to use and is not slow to load/use. The appearance of the highlighted continents/oceans is very important, quality is required.
There is no stringent time frame; the website is still under development