Hi! Please read this job description in detail before making an offer.
For this project your job will be to bring to life a Flutter application whose goal is to assess reading skills in children.
The app is handled by an “examiner”, who administers tests to “users”. Examiners are generally teachers or parents, while users are typically students or children.
In the app a user is shown a series of images, numbers, colors or letters (or a combination of the above) and his/her task is to read them out loud as they appear on the screen, as fast as possible.
Each time an object is named, the app has to save the sound and translate that word to text and store it. The app automatically displays a new object after each one is named.
At the end of each exercise, the app checks how many words were named correctly or incorrectly.
All the information has to be uploaded/updated into a database in Firebase.
The examiner can later check each answer and verify whether the app correctly categorized each reading as correct or incorrect. The examiner can also override the automatic correction and mark himself each answer as correct or incorrect. If the user revises a register and makes a change in its result, that change has to be updated also in the database. The examiner can also add a note to each registry.
The examiner can create and manage users and also check the records of each one of them.
The examiner can choose between two modes of the app: teacher or parent. The parent app stores simplified records of users, without indicating their school and grade.
Users should be able to login both with Google and also with a “welearn” account.
App should be provided for both Android and IOs.
1. Figma design.
- The final app should look exactly as here presented and with all simulated functionalities.
- The margins and dimensions should be those of the screens that do NOT display a layout grid (screens with the layout grid have not been yet adjusted to the grid).
- The figma board includes comments which should be checked for additional information.
- A version of the figma board translated into english is provided.
- Links: Figma board: [login to view URL]
Working app simulation:
[login to view URL]
2. List of views presented in the Figma app:
- Loading screen
- Choose profile
- Tutorial (1 to 10)
- New user (1 to 5)
- Edit user (1 to 6)
- Choose test
- Start test (1, 2)
- Finished test
- Check results (1, 2)
- Delete examinee
- Delete record
- Examiner profile (1 to 8)
3. Sample data export files (see screen “export format” in the figma board).
for teachers: [login to view URL]
4. User cases examples: [login to view URL]
5. Speech to text functionality has to be processed in the user’s device, we have found 2 packages that can be used in flutter for this goal, however if you find a better package we can discuss its use:
a) [login to view URL]
b) [login to view URL]
Some examples of speech to text that are already implemented:
[login to view URL]