This project is to design a mini-map from an existing 2D map.
This is to be done in Unity3D, C# only (please, no JS).
The task is as follows:
1) From an existing character, place a compass. The compass should follow the direction of the player. So if player turns left or right, it should turn.
2) Place other NPCs. The compass should show or denote the other NPCs with existing to the relation of the player on the map. If they are too far, you need to show an arrow denoting where they are.
3) Make the compass rotate around and have a lock feature.
4) Compass should overlay a map on-top of it.
5) When clicked on, it should show a map.
6) The map should have points of interest in the map.
The deliverables are:
1) C# script which, when a 3rd party controller is placed on a terrain, there is a compass and map overlay.
2) The C# should should show the direction of the player relative to the map. (going north? going east?)
3) The C# should not use a 2nd camera to render the texture of the map overlay.
4) The C# should be optimised, it should not take too long to render the map.
5) The C# should show points of interest on the mini-map and compass.
Please see attached.
- This is to be done without any 3rd party libraries (expect open-source ones),
- To be done without a 2nd camera. if you place a 2nd camera, the work will be rejected as the 2nd camera causes massive slow-down.
7 freelancers are bidding on average $832 for this job
Hello! We're interested in taking up your project. However, we will require a spec to make estimates on time and budget. Please PM us and we'll discuss the details. Thank you!