I design... you code!
I need a programmer who can build an online text-based RPG from scratch!
• subscription-based game must be playable via all major internet browsers
• you need to know what you're doing! experience playing online text-based RPGs is a big plus, but more importantly, you need to have experience building them
• although the game is largely text-based, the UI will incorporate graphical elements and functionality - be prepared to go beyond pure text!
• english fluency is a must!
• you need to be self sufficient and responsible, able to give me monthly summerizations of your work and ask questions if you need clarification
• I don't expect you to write the room descriptions, but let me know if you can
• I'll rent a server while we develop, so you don't have to
IMPORTANT Bidding instructions:
• tell me about any online text-based RPGs you've played
• tell me if you've ever coded or designed an online text-based RPG
• I don't know what kind of code makes the most sense for this game, so please make some suggestions and be able to back them up with good reasoning!
• please please please don't send me a templated bid proposal! If you're going to bid, personalize the message! Thanks :)
This is a project I've been dreaming of for years. I realize that this type of game is dated with all the MMORPGs out there, but I believe that it will resonate with hard-core RPG fans because you simply can't roleplay in a graphics-based environment the way you can in a text-based one... and also, I think I can design a bad-ass game!
11 freelancers are bidding on average $11/hour for this job
Greetings. I'm the perfect candidate. I started programming many years ago because I was interested in making my own mud. I've sent more details via private message.
I am a proficient programmer in Flash\Actionscript and C++; I have been the senior software engineer in famous, complex large-scale projects that have made hundreds of thousands of sales.