Young publishing company requires creative writer(s) to develop detailed “Plot Outlines” for three-book series in the following fiction genres:
- Action Thriller
- Cozy Mystery
- Sci-Fi Space Opera
- Young Adult Urban Fantasy
- Young Adult Post-Apocalyptic or Dystopic
Freelancers chosen to develop detailed Plot Outlines in a particular category (genre) will have complete creative license to develop their best story. As mentioned, the intent is to develop outlines for a three-book series. The deliverable(s) are broken down in steps:
1) Step-one is ~1,000 word synopsis of book-one and a brief (~250 words or less) on book two and three. Upon approval;
2) Step-two is ~2,500 word detail including internal and external motivations for main characters, story summary, tropes (Major and Minor). Upon approval;
3) Step-three is ~5,000 words including 20-30 chapter titles with a short summary detailing what each chapter includes, inclusion of several story arcs between chapters and some overarching into sequential books. Upon approval;
4) Step-four is the completed detailed Plot Outline ~7,500-10,000 words with constructed major scenes and plot devices, story arcs extending to sequential books, developed protagonist/antagonist and supporting characters.
Each step is considered a milestone and will require submittal, communication, and release of funds. We reserve the right to stop work at any step/milestone for any reason. In that event, you will be paid current to that milestone.
Standard Budget is $350 for a complete ~7,500-10,000 word outline. Milestones are $40 for step-one (completed first milestone); $65 for step-two (completed second milestone); $100 for step-three (completed third milestone); and $145 for step-four (completed fourth milestone).
Assuming you complete the entire outline, we would like to reengage your service to continue on book-two. The process and steps will work the same. Upon successful completion, we would expect to engage your service for book-three.
By bidding for this job, you will agree that you will lose all copyright and claim to the work submitted to us.
Ideal Freelancer for this project:
- Is familiar with genre specific tropes
- Produces clean content with well thought out flow between the major plot events.
- Is able to create story arcs that capture the readers interest throughout the book and into subsequent books.
- Has prior experience in creating detailed plot outlines.
-We are a young publishing company with multiple successful titles published and continuous development in process.
-We aim to provide clear guidance to facilitate a smooth work flow. We will offer advice and input as much or as little as you require for you to produce your best work product.
-We offer regular, ongoing-work.
You will be asked to answer the following questions when submitting a proposal:
1. What questions do you have about the project?
2. Why did you apply to this particular job?
3. Do you read fiction? What are your favorites? What experience do you have working with fiction?
4. Do you believe you can write easy-to-understand outlines for engaging stories?
5. Please submit a cover letter with the Title, “PLOT OUTLINE” or your proposal will not be considered.
6. Please include a sample of your fiction writing with your cover letter.