I'm looking for a chromium browser extension compatible with Microsoft's new Chromium and Google browsers. It needs send messages to a Native Message API application written in a C# UWP.
A qualified freelancer needs to be able to write a simple chromium extension that triggers a simple "Hello World" dialog in a UWP application. They should also have experience developing Native Message API UWP applications as well as developing chromium browser extensions. Proven software architect experience is highly favorable, however not necessary. The ability to communicate effectively in English is also expected and all code must be written the same.
What I expect is for the freelancer to develop the extension and the UWP application as part of the solution. The solution will need to demonstrate the least amount of code necessary to invoke a UWP dialog from a button click on an HTML page via the browser extension. In addition, it is expected that if the UWP app is not running, the browser extension will need to indirectly start the app so that the dialog will display. The solution's code should be clean, concise and understandable; meaning no acronyms variable, method or class names so that the code will be fully understandable to any future developers.
The following are the technical details and expectations that the successful candidate must consider
This is a proof-of-concept solution which has the following chief goals.
1. Any solution must allow an HTML page to communicate with a method within a separate UWP application.
2. The solution must allow the HTML page can send basic string information to the UWP either in UTF8 or ASCII format
3. The solution must not require complex, unsecure of unorthodox services or protocols in order for the HTML page to communicate with the UWP application. This is why Native Messaging API is suggested as it is a native capability of UWP requiring no *extraordinary* configuration, user privileges, nor application installations.
1. HTML page does nothing more than have a button, that when clicked, will invoke some code in the chromium browser extension
3. The UWP application must be written in C# and the candidate may use write multiple C# applications as part of the technical solution (meaning OutOfProcess, or Host/Extension architectures). This app is expected to do one thing other than support Native Messaging API calls which is to show a “Hello World” dialog when triggered by the HTML page button.
4. Minimum amount of code necessary to demonstrate the capability is a must; meaning that large, complicated code product will not be acceptable.
I am willing to consider alternative approaches that meet the chief goals of this proof-of-concept. If you have any ideas, please feel free to effectively articulate your ideas so that I might enhance this job’s requirements.
11 freelancers are bidding on average $535 for this job
Hi, I find myself eligible for this job since I am having 7 years of extensive experience. I am Good at C# Programming, .NET and Google Chrome. Please Send a message so that we can discuss more about this project
Hello, I have checked The requirement and understand that as well. I have created SIMILAR in past. Do you want to see the DEMO ??? Can will send you ?? Thanks.