I have an extension like revolver tabs. The only difference is that my extension refreshes the URL's after moving to the next tab. This way the viewer does not have to watch the tabs refresh.
The issue I'm having is that sometimes the URL's being revolved are redirected due to an error with the webpage. Then, the revolver tab continues to update the error page even after the website's error has been resolved.
What I need now are customizable profiles to save URL’s, refresh timers, etc. If a URL from the profile is no longer in rotation, for example due to the tab being closed or redirected, I need a tab to open with the lost URL being put back into rotation. If extra tabs are open that are not in the profile, they need to be closed automatically. There should be a save button to easily save changes made to different profiles and a way to load the profiles to view URL’s and settings on each profile.
I need this to work on two different open google chrome windows with each window utilizing a different profile (for dual monitor displays), on a PC with 16GB of ram running windows 10 or windows 11. I need it to be able to run for a week at a time without crashing or needing any maintenance/user input. Someone worked on this for me before but it would crash due to being “out of memory” after a couple hours. If you need more information about system specifications for the computers this extension will be utilized on, please let me know.
The functions I need to keep from my current extension include:
1. Customizable individual timer for rotating each URL.
2. Refreshing the URL’s AFTER switching to the next tab so that viewers do not have to watch the pages refresh.
3. An easy to use and visually pleasing UI
4. Black List box for URL’s to not be refreshed
The extra functions I need are:
1. Text box fields to add/remove URL’s. These should be in the order the tabs will be displayed in the active google chrome window.
2. Redirecting each tab to the URL’s entered in the URL fields in case the webpage directed chrome to a different URL. This can be accomplished by closing tabs not on the currently running profile and opening tabs for URL’s on the profile which aren’t being displayed.
3. The option to have extra tabs automatically opened or closed to accommodate the number of URL fields in the active profiles.
a. Text box fields mentioned in part 1 should be automatically created and populated when this option is off.
4. Buttons to allow the user to add more URL fields, or delete current URL fields in case the number of required tabs changes.
5. The ability to save and load profiles with URL’s and refresh timer settings.
6. The ability to have two google chrome windows open using different URL profiles, rotating two different set’s of URL’s at the same time in different google chrome windows.
7. Blacklist box for URL’s to not be closed.
Attached is the current revolver extension I am using, so you can see the basic functionality I currently have.
I have a $400 budget for this project.
Please be communicative if you have any questions or concerns.
38 freelancers are bidding on average $493 for this job
Hello, I understood your concern and as a senior chrome extension developer, I am interested in your project seriously. I look forward to answering your questions and learning more about this position. Sincerely