I am looking for a skilled developer to create a website map widget that will list both indoor and outdoor playgrounds that are located anywhere in the USA. The widget should have the following requirements:
- Playground Types: The widget should include both indoor and outdoor playgrounds in its listings.
- Geographic Areas: The playgrounds should all be in the USA
- Functionality: The widget should have a search option,where a user can enter in their zip code, and this tool will list all playgrounds near there. Perhaps also showing those locations on a map.
This might help: OpenStreetMap: This platform often contains data on public spaces, and its API allows for targeted queries, including playgrounds.
Ideal skills and experience for this project:
- Web Development: The developer should have experience in web development, specifically in creating interactive map widgets or something that is easy for a user to enter in their zip code and to easily see playgrounds near them.
- Mapping APIs: Knowledge of mapping APIs, such as Google Maps or Leaflet, is required to integrate the playground data into the widget.
- User Experience: The developer should have an understanding of user experience principles to ensure the widget is intuitive and easy to use.
- Responsive Design: The widget should be responsive and compatible with different devices and screen sizes.
If you have the necessary skills and experience, I would love to discuss this project further with you. Please provide examples of similar projects you have completed. Also, to bid on the project, put the words "The Catman" somewhere in your proposal, so that I know you read this description. If your message does not include "The Catman" somewhere in it, I'll delete it.
There are no further instructions on making this tool, so don't ask for anything else. this is for you to figure out how to get the data, and how to make this tool. Again, there is no further instructions. Also tell me how long it will take for you to complete this after I accept your bid. I'd like this done in one week, so anything longer, or if no time is mentioned, then we may not be a good fit.