Project Using Google Maps API
- Status Closed
- Budget $30 - $250 USD
- Total Bids 5
I would like to create a way to track progress along a route using Google Maps. These would be the steps:
1. A user enters a start point (A) and end point (Z). Use the Google Maps API to get directions. The user could select driving, biking, or walking directions.
2. Once a route has been selected, an input box asks the user to enter a distance in miles, for example, 10 miles. This would then calculate the distance along the route from point (A) to a point 10 miles along the route, point (C). This would put a marker at that point and give the option to name point (C) and save progress.
3. When a user comes back later and enters a new number in the input box, it calculates the distance from the last point (C) to the new point (D) and saves.
4. A user can continue to come back and enter a new number, adding points along the route until they reach the end point (Z).
The end result is that a user can track their progress as they travel along their pre-set route.
I don't need a whole site built around this and it doesn't have to be pretty. This is mainly just working in the Google Maps API.Get free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online