This is the first in a series of learning "modules" designed to present information to the viewer. For this project, the information is Mandarin|Chinese. This "module" is designed to test and perfect the concept for the website. Here are the details of this first "module":
1. Create a pentagonal prism
2. On each of the 5 sides display/play the following in order:
i. Mandarin character (image)
ii. Stroke Order (animated image)
iii. Pinyin (text)
iv. Pronounciation (audio)
v. English (text)
3. Animate image by allowing drag or swipe to change which face of the image you display by rotating the pentagonal prism.
4. Displayed information is read from a data dictionary (preferably stored in a relational database such as MySQL).
5. Data dictionary will consist of records with fields from item #2 above. Data dictionary is expected eventually to grow large.
Once the concept proves feasible, subsequent "modules" will read from the same data dictionary. Preferably I will have the same developer create the rest of the modules.
Attached is a PDF with a bit more detail. I will supply the items in step #2 above (Image and audio files).
Design criteria include: simplicity and portability.
Examples of previous work expected.