We have approximately 50,000 scanned pages from various publications that need to be checked and cleaned. Scans are high quality (300-400dpi), multi-tiff format, no black borders with deskew done. Most common errors are: faded/broken type, marks, specks, etc. Original documents are mostly all text, with a few tables. Quality of cleaned images is very important, we are creating a digital archive that must be good enough for reprints and for highly accurate OCR for searching/electronic distribution.
Estimated time per page is 4pages/minute. Desired timeframe is 2 months upon delivery of all original scans. Please bid only if you are close to New York City area. Bidder must be available to come into our office for review of work and checking/scanning of original documents (originals must remain within premises).
- Please note, this is NOT a scanning/ocr project. This is only the review and correction of pages that have already been scanned. If pages need to be rescanned they will be done by our office (original documents will not leave premises).
- As scans are high quality, most pages will need little or no retouching. But each page must be inspected manually. See attached PDF for common error types and corrected pages.
- Original documents are black and white text (only a few illustrations in the whole colletion), these documents were scanned and saved in bitmap multi-tiff format
- Estimate of 4 pages/minute is an average based on actual work done on the same series of documents. Pages that are viewed with no corrections will only take a few seconds. Other pages may take several minutes or more, depending on the corrections needed.
- Local companies are strongly preferred, but non local will also be considered.
- Estimate is for 50,000 pages black type on white background (some letter size, some A4). Each page corresponds to one side of two-sided document (i.e. 25000 two-sided pages).
- We would prefer electronic document delivery, via ftp or secure download site. Also, finished materials should be sent in batches as we will have to do further work with the files and not to slow down our workflow.
- This posting is a reposting of project number #5952
40 freelancers are bidding on average $7948 for this job
Hello, Please check out my website - [login to view URL] . If I'm chosen, we'll be able to work together on a real-time basis via MSN messenger or ICQ. Kind regards, Odelia.