We are an independent record label. We are in need of talented freelance graphic artists for the creation of cover art for digital CDs. All we need is the front cover, not a whole booklet. This opportunity is not for one unique project but for multiple designs that will be needed on a regular basis :
- In terms of design, we are searching for someone who can produce different types of atmospheres (we sell music pertaining to all genres so the designer must be able to create themes suited for jazz, hip-hop, classical music, rock etc.) as well as themes for compilation concepts.
- The designer must be able to produce between 15 and 50 unique designs per month. We also release collections of CDs that necessitate only one unique design to which we, or the designer will apply minor variations / versions.
- We request that the designer send us the source document (the .psd, .ai etc.) for each design in addition to a rendered 1500x1500 .tif document.
- This person must be very punctual, quick and organized.
- We request that you send us the URL to your online portfolio (or send it via e-mail).
- We are looking for a long term partnership. Please send us an estimate for the creation of 5, 10, 25, 50 and 100 unique designs AND variations / versions.
Here is an update to help clarify our needs :
As explained in this project’s initial description, we need designs that can be created quickly and that are noticeable. (we only sell online, and on online music stores like iTunes the covers are displayed very small - so our designs need to stand out).
Although we need designs that can suit all musical genres, most of our repertoire consists of popular music, so the designs must have a pop / flashy feel.
- Here is a link to some of our album covers : http://bit.ly/kgGUVu
- We often use pre-existing photos bought on iStock or likewise services.
- Most of the work and technique is brought to the font design and the lettering (these two elements
are what makes an album cover stand out from the others in an online environment).
- About 70 % of these album covers were created in less than an hour (except variations brought to a design for collections of albums - these variations take no more than 10 minutes as only the background colors and the text may vary).
To sum up, the designer or designers we will work with need to :
- have good instincts in regards to pop-culture
- work fast
- have a creative edge with photo manipulation and lettering.
121 freelancers are bidding on average $988 for this job
hi...i'm a digital imaging and illustration artist. I have created so many digital artwork and commercial art in my country. Please check PM for my portfolio.Thanks.
I could do 50 dollars per cover, I have a good understanding of all genres of music to produce appropriate designs for them. Please check my pm for more info. Thank you for your time.