We are setting up a high quality professional quarterly glossy magazine. We are looking for a graphic designer with good experience in designing/laying out magazines. We need to see your experience and maybe some examples of your work. If you are new to graphic design, please do not apply, we are only looking for graphic designers with proven experience in magazines/catalogues.
The magazine will have approximately 80 pages in full colour - all text will be supplied. You should have an eye for good photography and the ability to source photos as and when required.
What we are looking for:
• You must have a creative eye and flair
• Good typography skills
• Superb attention to detail
• Able to follow instructions and be resourceful in finding solutions to problems is imperative
• Able to work to tight deadlines (quick turnaround may be required on some elements) whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail at all times
• The desire and ability to take on new responsibility
• The magazine will be written for the Portuguese speaking market and you must therefore be comfortable working with the language
An excellent working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, specifically InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat Pro & Distiller. You should also be very familiar with Microsoft Office. Web/digital design experience is not a requirement, but would be desirable. You must have your own laptop/destop and relevant programmes/packages.
If your work is to a high enough standard this will be a repeat job.