Island Trader (think Tommy Bahama - great quality at a significantly lower price point), Chicago is a start up company that has explored manufacturing/sourcing in China. We have already developed, artwork/design, labels, hangtags etc but now need to pull together into a tech pack. Initial job is to create tech packs for 8 Silk Panel Camp Shirt designs, manufacturer ready.
1. A detailed illustrator(ai file) drawing of the final product. This will have a ton of info on the product to be designed
2. A separate illustrator(ai file) that will have art placement (labels, embroideries, screenprints, etc)
3. Another Illustrator file that has art at 100%,etc.
4. If designing for Apparel, knits, etc. You may have to supply yarn direction(color story). Which could be a number of stuff. (pantones, clippings, anything that the factory can use for a reference for correct color. This is usually done before the above steps, since yarn dyed items take a while to get approved and done.
4. Its always great to send a reference sample also, depending on what you are designing. This could be a swatch, actual garment,etc.
5. Any other info , photos, etc, that can convey your design to the manufacturer.
6. Excel files are good to have , since it may clear up any questions that factory may have with contast fabrics/labels/item codes, packing instructions,etc.
8 freelancers are bidding on average $519 for this job
I have 10 years of experience in the apparel design industry in New York and I'm confident that I can add value to your company. Please check PM for portfolio.
Hi, I am a freelance fashion designer with 5 years solid employment history working for a sportswear brand in munich and used to do teck packs. I am sure I know what kind of information the factory needs.