I require some small changes, or revisions to my current design of a software product.
To see its current design, please refer to the screenshot: [url removed, login to view];topic=2480.0;attach=216;image .
Before you start doing this, you'll have to download and try the product here:
For Mac OS X 10.8+ (Intel 64bit): [url removed, login to view]
For Windows XP+ (32bit/64bit): [url removed, login to view]
[ Requirements ]
1. You are required to revise the current design, to make it look nicer. In other words, you are going to try some of the techniques to improve its visual appearance. The goal is to improve, and not change it drastically. The style cannot be too heavy (as including real textures), or too light (as metro-style or iOS 7 style).
2. Your job involves rearranging ONLY the header: the light gray bar, and the dark gray bar.
3. It is required to do only 2 screen of the header, 1 for listing screen, and 1 for import screen.
4. The import screen is pretty difficult to design, you have to use the product to see the drop down, and the whole user experience.
[ What you'll receive ]
An Adobe Illustrator (version: Creative Cloud or CS6 upon request) .ai file with 2 screens already drawn (though, not exactly, some requires updates).
[ What you'll deliver ]
The .ai file containing the changes made.
[ You CANNOT ]
1. Alter font
2. Alter wooden shelf, and product frames / thumbnails
3. Alter functions of the product
4. Use a design of iOS 7 (plain) or Windows 8 (metro)
[ Technologies ]
The product is implemented using HTML5 and CSS3, feel free to use any kind of graphics techniques and design combinations. It runs on both Mac OS X and Windows. The design should be platform neutral.
[ Applicants must answer the following questions ]
What's the name of my product?
Where can I see some of your past work on UI design?
What kind of revision or change would you propose, so that this software can look nicer?