We need a LOW POLY "outdoor" 3D model of building(s) and ground, with NO material, NO mapping, NO animation, and NO lighting, in .max format (from V5 to V8).
- System unit scale : 1 Unit = 1 centimeter.
- Display unit scale : metric (centimeters).
- The scale of the building and ground must be exactly equals from the dwg sources.
- The model must be VERY similar to the source DWG files (no mistake will be accepted concerning windows positions, doors, etc).
- LOW POLY : the complete model of the building(s) must be under 40000 polys ; 20000 polys would be appreciated. Read more about LOW POLY above, and see the given sample file.
- Objects must be separated and named function of the material that will later be applied on them (1 object <=> 1 Standard material, no Multi/Sub Material). For instance, we should have a single "grass" object, a single "windows_glass" object, a single "parking_white_lines" object, a single "white_concrete" object, and so on. Objects must be ATTACHED, and not GROUPED.
LOW POLY rules (a sample 3D file is posted above as an example) :
- no face should exist if it is not seen by the final user ; that means, for example, that no face should be seen from "inside" the building, and no face should be seen on ground objects from a z<0 point of view.
- try to reduce as much as you can the number of polys. That means a rail should not be done with a 18 sides cylinder if a 3 sides cylinder is enough...
Architect DWG files : [url removed, login to view]
Sample Low Poly 3D file : [url removed, login to view]
Many other similar projects to come...