We are looking for a wordpress and website professional for an ongoing role to help with issues and weekly tasks.
You will be sent an email at the beginning of each week with a list of tasks that need to be completed by the end of the week. It is important that you are able to keep us updated with your progress and let us know where you are at with each of the tasks.
To give you a sense of the type of work required and the work load here are the tasks for the first week:
1. We have different advertisers on our site weekly. It is important that you familiarise yourself with our google package and that you can operate it easily, uploading different ads as we need them done. Please let me know. You will be required to change ads when requested.
2. We have an advertising PDF and need changes made to this PDF file
3. Use gravatar to make an image show up when the site owner replies to comments. We have the image that we want used.
4. We want to use Amazon affiliates links to products(eg books) mentioned. See this link to see how it's just integrated into the copy... not with big Amazon logos everywhere: [url removed, login to view]
This will need to be set up to be done automatically. Please recommend a plugin to help easily place links in blog posts as per the link above.
5. There is a "notify me of follow up comments" at the end of each blog post, but it's crooked and follow-up needs to be fixed. Can you have a look at that? Also both the 'notify me' and the 'sign me up for the newsletter' under the comments need to be defaulted to a tick.
This is the approximate weekly work load. Each week will have 5-6 tasks that are similar to these. You will be required to have strong wordpress, website and graphic skills and be able to think of ideas and make suggestions.
The key here is strong communication. It is important that weekly tasks are completed before the end of the week so that you are ready for new task for the next week.
In order to be considered please submit your previous experience and the type of work you have done in the past.