Seeking experienced WordPress web developer / freelancer to:
• Develop web site in WordPress in discrete stages, requiring client approval at each stage;
• load to client’s domain and make operational on host servers.
Freelancer will be very experienced in WordPress, and will have developed several similar sites.
Central feature of web site will be a discussion forum, which will require users to "opt in" and provide email address; which will be stored in a data base / list.
Web site will allow for easy update by owner after go live.
Web site will be developed in stages with progress payments over time.
Contractor will be required to provide draft designs to choose from and client will approve the design.
Initial budget for this web site is $250.
Information required from tenderer
Response application should include details of:
1. Tenderer / freelancer’s previous similar sites.
2. Are you a member of any associations or business networks in Australia? If so, which ones?
3. Do you have any other Australian clients I can talk to about your work?
4. Do you have other websites in your portfolio I could view?
5. What are your average timelines for similar sized projects to this one?
6. Are you able to provide me with a project timeline, showing deliverables and their dates, and the various phases of website development? At what stage do you need my final content?
7. Will you allocate a project manager for my website development or will I be talking directly to the designer and developer?
8. Do you outsource components of the project to third parties, and if so, which components?
9. Do your staff have specialist roles, or will the same person be designing and coding my site?
10. What other services do you offer, such as search engine optimisation, logo development?
11. What are our website maintenance options?
12. Can we update it ourselves (our preference)?
13. Which web browsers do you develop for?
14. What is your preference - open source or proprietary hosting platforms?
15. Do you encourage your clients to decide for themselves?
16. What are your thoughts on usability and accessibility and would you incorporate techniques to improve my website’s usability and accessibility?
17. Do you provide any documentation when the website is launched?
18. How do you charge for website updates after the initial website is completed?
19. What if I find a problem or code bug after the site is finished?
20. Do you have any kind of code warranty or guarantee?
21. Does the website in its entirety become mine once I have paid, and does Copyright get assigned to me when the project is complete?
22. What about images in the website? Will you provide me with details of any licenses for software or hardware that are purchased as part of my project? Am I the licensee in these agreements?
23. Indicate API Integration experience for : Payment Processor, Social Media
24. This web site is stage 1 and will be modified progressively after job completion, based on feedback from discussion forum users. What ways can you suggest for this initial working site to be progressively developed by me or others?
25. Do you have suggestions to make this project run successfully?
26. What challenging part of this job are you most experienced in?
27. Do you have any questions about the job description?
28. I have identified some similar sites I like, and want you to look at these as examples. How do you see this occurring?