I need help to create a website for an academic researcher lab. The style and general content of this website is similar to this one: [url removed, login to view] Please try to make the interface of this new website slicker but not too fancy since this is for serious people :-)
Additional requirements for the website are the following: There are a number of academic software (run on linux) that we would like to run from the website. For each software, we should have a web page to do the following:
1. Ask a visitor who is interested in running the software to provide his/her name and email address.
2. Provide a tutorial on how to use the software (can be a mouse-over or a link or something. I will provide content)
3. Provide the name of the software and a predefined list of parameters and ask the visitor to change default values for those parameters. Provide a description for each parameter (can be a mouse-over or something)
4. Provide mechanisms for the visitor to upload data file(s)
5. Allow the visitor to execute the software
6. Send the visitor an email once the software is done running. In the email, a web link is provided for the user to download the result data file(s). The execution parameters will be captured as part of the result.
7. Cache the web form values after execution so that the visitor can change one or more parameter values and submit again.
A template for this software web page should be made so when a new software is available, we can quickly create a web page to host it.
In order to avoid abuse, we as the admin for the website need to be able to set threshold to specify the maximum runs a visitor can make per 24 hours for each software. The threshold for each software can be different.
Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you for your help.