Building and testing your Site Phase
Your final project needs to meet the following minimum requirements:
1. The Web site must be an original idea, planned, designed and built by you from the
2. It must include one Home Page with a company Logo, or your own personal logo,
and a Title (you select the font, size, type color, logo, etc.).
3. The site must have a Home Page, and four (4) to six (6) content pages, with text, and
internal links from the Home Page, and a “return” or “back” to Home Page capability.
4. Minimum of One (1) External Link sending the user to another Web site.
5. Minimum of One (1) E-mail Link in a page named “Contact Us” or similar title like
“For More Information” etc.
6. Each page must retain some similarities in color, structure, frame, style and even
logo, with the Home Page.
7. A menu (any kind, pull down, tabs, simple list) that consists of the same number of
Links and pages used (Internal, External, Contact us etc.) in the entire Web Site. (A
“pull down” menu will award you more points)
8. At least Two (2) “lists” one ordered, and one unordered.
9. At least Three (3) graphics or images in the Web Sites. Images must be those you download from the Web (free image sites or non-copyrighted images), or those you have captured with your camera, phone, or other device).
10. Use appealing colors, contrast, CSS color styles, (maybe in the Home Page or one of the pages, or all of them same color-you decide). At least One (1) color change in any fonts, text or title.
11. You need to include external and/or internal and maybe even inline Cascading Style Sheets.
12. Your site must have at least One (1) Table.
13. CSS Elements. Minimum of One (1) example of padding property, and minimum of Two (2) different examples of border property possible for the table.
CISIWEB-72 Web Page Development and Publishing, Final Project Instructions 3
14. Your name, address, e-mail link, phone etc., must appear in the “Contact Us” page.
2. The Website will be organized in One Folder called: MyWebsite_yourlastname (Example: MyWebsite_Smith). Inside this folder, there will be sub-folders containing different parts of your site, for example: documents folder, images, texts, CSS sheets folder and so on). All links should function properly, debug your work.
3. Your project needs to be hosted and published right from the start, by a free hosting company like 000webhost.com. You will need to submit the URL with your project (see below).
4. HTML code for each page along with external CSS files must pass validation, especially when you update, add a new page, or new features.
5. Remember, there should be only one “[url removed, login to view]” in the root of MyWebsite_yourlastname folder. At the end of the course you will zip the folder and upload it to the proper link (see information below).
6. Test your web site and debug any code errors as you go along, and as you learn and add more features.
I've attached a couple of files to give you example on what I need.
Needs to be done by Sunday (May 15, 2016)