I have quickly looked at, and am open to the following open source options (in no particular order): nopcommerce, magento, saleor, sharetribe, joomla, wordpress, Drupal, Django, laravelecommerce, etc. I am not tied to any of these options and am open to alternatives. My thinking is to not re-invent the wheel and to use the option that would require the least amount of customization to meet my needs, while allowing added functionality into the future. The platform’s security is also critical.
Many of the open source solutions have great vendor management though the back end, however for my needs, this is not required . The seller dashboard needs to be front end, simple, and built for the regular website visitor to quickly and easily upload and keep track of their items for sale.
I am looking to create a customer to customer, local Classifieds marketplace site, where people can list their used items for sale and will pay a commission once the item sells. This commission may be different for separate categories (i.e. clothing 20%, electronics 10%). Payments are divided and both site admin and sellers get paid directly (currently leaning toward using Stripe for this). Payments are kept on hold until the buyer receives the product. The site will have social login capabilities and verification on account creation. Uploading of items and browsing the site through mobile devices is a must, with app creation in the future as a definite possibility.
The main page of the site will have the following:
- A button for sellers to list an item (Don’t need a complicated dashboard, something simple to upload items for a one time sale. Each listing is individual to the specific user/seller, a quantity option would be a benefit in case they have a few of the same item, however is not needed if it proves to be complex to implement)
- My account button to login and view favourites, listed items, purchases, Items sold, messages, etc.
- Location selection made on top of page that will apply to entire session (This will apply as default for all searches and browsing, as well as default location when posting item for sale) Example for this on [login to view URL]
Listing an item for sale:
- Sellers can upload pictures and description of items from browser or mobile device. (preferably through an intuitive step by step approach, i.e. First page lets you choose your location, then auto advances to the next screen classifieds or clothing, followed by listing category, subcategory, description, pictures, etc)
- Sellers must have a Stripe account setup for items to be active and available for sale
- Clothing items will have additional fields for sizing, condition of item, color, etc
- Sellers choose which shipping methods to offer (home pickup, meeting location, UPS, etc.)
Buyers on site:
- Start by selecting location to search
- Browse by category, and then further sort by options such as Brand, or in the case of clothing further sort by choosing size, gender, age, color, etc.
- Message sellers with any questions relating to the product.
- Click offer button and send offer for item. Seller can then accept offer, or counter offer. Once a price is agreed upon, item can be added to cart for agreed price
- Add multiple items from different sellers to cart and pay for them all in 1 checkout session
An option to add auctions to the site would be a benefit. It may not be offered to begin with, however may be added on in the future.
The qualified candidate will have ample experience with marketplace development in their chosen platform and be able to easily identify which items are provided out of the box and what will require customization.
37 freelancers are bidding on average $1686 for this job
We already have built similar platforms like [login to view URL] [login to view URL] Our website is [login to view URL] Ready to discuss it briefly with you.
Worked on complex market place like Gumtree, so I am well aware about each feature and seller dashboard. please have a look at my past work reviews and portfolio. regards Mukesh