We are looking for a diligent Graphic Designer to lead our self-development and summary book covers as well as our website and additional digital products. More importantly, we are looking for a Graphic Designer who can capture our books’ essences and display them in a captivating and eye-catching manner in both digital and physical formats. Moreover, we are looking for a graphic designer who has natural branding ability and has the capacity to become a brand manager to include other responsibilities such digital mockups, website graphics, logo designs and any other branding effort needed.
The workflow is predicted to be 1 - 3 books per month at first with possibilities of further expansion. We expect the turnaround time to be 2 - 3 days for book covers. The pay will initially be on a per task basis. The complexity of work will also increase over time.
We care about our readers and the quality of their guided branded experience. Naturally, we care for our graphic designers and provide them with a comfortable environment with clear guidelines and resources to ensure their best work.
To apply for the position you must meet the following criteria:
• Possess mastery of Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. Mastery of other design applications is also welcomed.
• Ability to design digital covers for AMZN Kindle and iBooks; design physical covers for AMZN Ceatespace; Other responsibilities: digital mockups, website graphics, logo brainstorming and design
• Previously worked on large branding projects with several key milestones
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and communicate in a timely manner
• Ability to follow instructions
• Possess extreme detail-orientation
• Provide examples of previous work
• Optional: Provide contact to previous employers as a reference
Questions to keep in mind:
1. How long have you been designing eBook/physical book covers?
2. How quickly can you reasonably conceptualize and design a book cover?
3. Do you have experience in designing eBooks and physical books to meet Amazon Kindle and Createspace criteria?
4. What is your highest level of education? Can you provide proof?
5. Can you include a sample of your previous design work?
We will review and select a first pool of potential designers to invite for an online interview before making our final decisions. Thank you and I look forward to reviewing your application!