We are a small wholesaler that only does B2B. We are looking for an experienced full stack Java developer to take our Java e-commerce site (which is a Maven project) to the next level. The goal of this project is to add the following enhancements to our site:
- Enable customers to place future orders. Now, they can only place orders for the following day.
- Listing of items on each product page (there are three pages) must be layed out nicely. I will provide a couple of example sites.
- Replace the current Paginator with a modern one so that its clear and visible. The Paginator must be position on the top and bottom of each page where it's needed.
- Add a sort oder menu
Price, low to high
Price, high to low
- Adding items to a cart must be easy and quick. Now, customers need to click three times to add an item to the cart. I will provide a couple of example sites that have this feature.
- The checkout process needs to be improved. The number of steps to checkout need to be reduced.
- Display the number of items in the shopping cart and total amount in the main menu. I will provide a couple of example sites that have this feature.
- Add a self service password reset solution on the login page
- Improve the existing customer profile.
a) Enable customers to change their passwords. Now, they need to call Customer Support for this.
b) Enable customers to change their email address which they use for login
b) Enable customers to download order history in PDF format
- Change a session timeout to 8 hours and display a window that shows how much of time is left for shopping
- Make the site responsive and mobile friendly
- Fix a Java error that is sometimes triggered during the checkout process
Error messsage: [url removed, login to view]
Our e-commerce site is running on Tomcat servers and using APIs it gets the product data from a DB2 database which is running on AS/400.
Java, Hibernate v4, Spring Framework [url removed, login to view]
DB2 on IBM i AS/400
Adding this item to the enhancement list:
- Our Java web application currently gets the data from the IBM i DB2 database using CGI (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cgidev2). This is a legacy approach and it's difficult to maintain the code this way. As a result, we would like to switch over to JDBC. You will need to write the code so that the application gets the data using JDBC connector from the DB2 database.
41 freelancers are bidding on average $1489 for this job
Can we discuss in details before we start? We have built similar platforms in past Agile model of dev to have the best deliverables for your [url removed, login to view] bid is a placeholder bid. Our Website [url removed, login to view] http://pi More
Hi, Dino here, I would be interested in discussing this project with you. Thanks for the consideration, I hope to hear from you [url removed, login to view] check my profile.
i have more than 10 years experience in different java technologies like spring, spring rest, spring boot, spring cloud with hibernate. please let me know if you are interested to work with us.
Hi , hope you are doing well i have experience 5 years in software Development using Java SE , Java EE i can start from today and show you sample for your requirements Thanks OAtechnology