We are a small wholesaler that only does B2B. We are looking for an experienced full stack Java developer for a 4-6 week project. The goal of the project is to make the following enhancements to our Java e-commerce site (which is a Maven project):
- Customers need to be able to place future orders. Now, they can only place orders for the following day.
- Listing of items on three product pages must be layed out nicely. I will provide a couple of example sites.
- Replace the current Paginator with a modern one so that its clear and visible. The Paginator must be position on the top and bottom of each page where it's needed.
- Add a sort oder menu
Price, low to high
Price, high to low
- Adding items to a cart must be easy and quick. Now, customers need to click three times to add an item to the cart. I will provide a couple of example sites that have this feature.
- The checkout process needs to be improved. The number of steps to checkout need to be reduced.
- Display the number of items in the shopping cart and total amount in the main menu. I will provide a couple of example sites that have this feature.
- Add a self service password reset solution on the login page
- Improve the existing customer profile.
a) Give customers the ability to change their passwords. Now, they need to call Customer Support for this.
b) Give customers the ability to download order history in PDF format
- Change a session timeout to 8 hours and display a window that shows how much of time is left for shopping
- Make the site responsive
Our e-commerce site is running on Tomcat servers and using APIs it gets the product data from a DB2 database which is running on AS/400. Attached is the screenshot that shows how the current site looks like. The three product pages - Fresh Flowers, Supplies and Plants, have the same design.
Java, Hibernate v4, Spring Framework [url removed, login to view]
DB2 on IBM i AS/400