THINGS TO CONSIDER BEFORE SUBMITTING A PROPOSAL:
• You must be able to setup, configure, & troubleshoot your own local dev environment, on your time & expense (i.e., this time & costs will not be paid for), no exceptions.
• This project is heavily coded using CoffeeScript, Stylus (i.e., SASS), & Jade (now known as Pug).
• You must be familiar with NPM (NodeJS Package Manager), Gulp, & MySQL.
• Your dev environment will require the above as well as Redis.
• Browserify is used as the module management system.
• The test suite is built with Mocha, Chai & Sinon, run with Karma as the test runner, & PhantomJS as the browser.
• sequelize-cli is used for database migrations.
• You will not be able to use this project, it's likeness, assets, screenshots, or any of its source code for your portfolio or other marketing needs due to copyrights.
CURRENT PROJECT NEED; SORTED IN HIGHEST PRIORITY TO LOWEST:
1: You must be able to make the current website/app responsive & device agnostic.
2: Modify the website/app UI to have a cleaner look/style (i.e., pixel perfect).
3: Modify, enhance, or add additional code to improve the websites speed & UX functionality (i.e., form interactions).
4: Clean up, organize, & comment current as well as any new code for better understanding by other developers.
HERE’S A SNAPSHOT (BUT NOT ALL) OF YOUR TECHNICAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Highly proficient in HTML, HTML5, CSS, & CSS3.
• Highly proficient in building responsive, mobile-first websites.
• Strong knowledge of NodeJS & a plus if you have experience with Jade (now known as Pug) — a node template engine.
• Skillful in using SASS/SCSS — ideally if you know how to use Stylus, but not required.
• Experience with MVC/MVPP frameworks such as AngularJS or ReactJS is highly desired.
• Is familiar with front-end patterns like BEM & object-oriented CSS.
• Is familiar with task runners like Gulp & Grunt.
• Is proficient with Git & using GitHub or BitBucket.
• Is conscious of site performance — during the initial request & on-page — & wants to reduce HTTP requests, browser repaints, & deliver lightning fast sites to any & all browsers.
• Understands the importance of progressive enhancement & graceful degradation.
• Is vigilant about web standards, accessibility & usability.
• Has a basic knowledge of PHP & can work with Wordpress or PHP • Frameworks like Laravel is highly desired but not required.
• Recent experience with MySQL DB & Mongo DB highly desired but not required.
HERE ARE SOME OF YOUR GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Be flexible enough that you can juggle this project (& others) while also being focused enough to remain committed to this project that may span multiple weeks to complete.
• Be dedicated & meticulous while taking great pride in delivering the highest quality work.
• Must possess excellent troubleshooting skills.
• Be able to prioritize tasks & meet deadlines.
• Provide reliable estimates for development deliverables.
• Communicate well internally with other team members.
• Must be self-sufficient.
Please provide portfolio examples of your work. Your portfolio should have both CODE & VISUALS of completed applications/websites. Please also take the time to provide details as to what you were responsible for in each sample.