BUDGET NOTE: I'm open to paying more, or less - it's fine. While this is a one time project (you build the site), if you are interested, I may ask for assistance in site maintenance. We can discuss this once the site is built.
Football stories from the Copa Libertadores (South America's premiere club contest) - and beyond
This is a website initially focusing on a South American football (association football, i.e. soccer) competition, called the Copa Libertadores. I have a Youtube channel and I wish to expand this into a website.
IMPORTANT: I am not technically proficient in HTML/CSS, although I know a little bit. It must be easy for me to post content, and to change content. I don't want to expend too much time when I have material/stories to post.
MY primary goal:
I want to explain the Copa Libertadores, and tell stories about its history, its teams, its players, and its culture, to English-speaking football fans, or fans who primarily watch European football.
In the future I wish to bring attention to football from other tournaments widely unknown to fans of European football, but will start with the Copa Libertadores.
--What is the Copa Libertadores ?--
In short, the best football clubs in each South American nation (except Guyana, French Guyana and Suriname), play against each other in a tournament that runs throughout the year.
South Americans view the Copa Libertadores as the best club football contest in the world. Unfortunately, the tournament is not as well-known to fans of European football.
My goal is to help attract fans to the Copa Libertadores. Fans who may only watch European football, but could be interested in South American football, too.
I want to be able, quickly, to write posts, and put them on the site. Initially I'll embed YouTube videos from my channel, and podcast audio files. Later: ebooks, a newsletter.
The site is essentially a blog. I have drawn a mockup sketch of the homepage based on [login to view URL] (I like the way the content is displayed - but fonts, colours etc can be different). The way the content is organized on [login to view URL], is similar to what I'd like (with easily accessible categories, etc)
(1) As the designer, you can be creative and apply any techniques for design that you feel will improve the site.
(2) I am open to any and all ideas about how the site should look, how it should be navigated, etc.
(3) In selecting each visual element (including colours, headings, font, size of fonts, menu bars, links, etc), the primary goal is simplicity and ease of use. Everything should be easily navigable, uncluttered, easy to read, easy to use.
(4) I must be able to quickly write posts and have them appear on the homepage.
(5) Each post should link to a new page (similar to [login to view URL]). For instance, see this link:
[login to view URL]
(6) I will purchase the domain name [login to view URL], and the site should be housed at that URL.
- I need at least 1, but preferably 2 email addresses, at that website:
(7) The site needs to be responsive: ie viewable, and easily navigable, in Chrome, Safari, IE, Mozilla, and on laptops/desktops, mobiles, and tablets.
(8) The site needs a simple podcast player (see below): they need to be playable in any browser, on any platform. (Or at least, in Chrome, Mozilla, Safari, and on laptop, mobiles and tablets [Android and iOS].
(9) Finally - I would like to be able to customise/change any part of the site (via Dreamweaver or any web
You have a great deal of leeway, so long as the Important Principles' are followed (in general).
I am enthusiastic to hear your ideas.
I am open to any and all discussion about anything from appearance of the site to budget etc.
Thanks very much, I look forward to working with you.
24 freelancers are bidding on average $379 for this job
Hello, I am Sunny. I am a Website developer. I can build a perfect website with your 100% satisfaction. I would be very grateful if you choose me for your project. Thanks