Working on the future of iPad Magazines (iPad Newsstand Magazine Viewer App Prototype)
This project received 43 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $2823 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
We are a startup company working on creating digital publishing solutions.
Our mission is to combine the best of traditional print publishing with technology to create simple, intuitive and engaging high quality publications. We are rethinking publishing to create a more convenient, interesting and alive experience, which engages readers on multiple levels.
We are driven to achieve all of this by the desire to innovate, improve and excel available solutions to set a benchmark in quality and work on the future of publishing.
We see a lot of opportunity in the digital magazine space and are unhappy about the quality of what is currently available. We want to solve fundamental challenges iPad Magazines are having and push the entire digital publishing industry forward.
WHAT WE NEED
We need to develop the prototype of an interactive iPad Newsstand Magazine application.
This prototype needs to be the fundament of the full application and should demonstrate how the application will look and behave, but does not need to include the backend server integration, in-app purchases and other advanced features.
The application will consist of two main parts:
This is the part users see when they first open the app, which lists all available issues, shows information about the issues and lets the user buy issues.
This is the part users see, once they select to read an issue. It gives users a way to navigate through the content of the issue and read it.
The content of the magazine is a PDF with interactive overlays. To display the content we intend on using the PSPDFKit framework.
The interactive overlays will include things like videos and scroll-views with content.
Platforms: iPad 1-4 and iPad Mini running iOS 5 and 6
This is just a very broad overview of what you would be working on. We will provide you with more information and a very detailed brief of what exactly we want and what should be included in the later stages of the interview process.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
1) You are highly specialized in iOS development with at least 3 years of experience focusing on the iPad and iPhone. We are looking for somebody who is only good at one thing: iOS Development, specifically the iPad.
2) You enjoy developing solutions and finding ways of doing things better. We have a very precise brief and idea of what we want, but we are looking for somebody who is willing to challenge us and find even better ways of implementing it.
3) You are an A-Player with great skill and not afraid to show it.
4) You are passionate about creating truly awesome things and want to work on something that will push a whole industry forward. You should get excited by the opportunity of showing big-name companies like Adobe, Hearst, Times and Conde Nast the middle finger and create better solutions than them!
5) You are a very good and clear communicator with great English skills, who responds quickly.
6) You are reliable and self-motivated with the desire to provide the best quality possible.
7) You are punctual and always meet deadlines.
8) You live in a location with a stable infrastructure and a good internet connection.
9) Ideally you have already worked on something similar and have experience with the Newsstand, PDF and especially PSPDFKit.
If you feel you are the right candidate for this job, please tell us why you think you will be a good fit and how your previous experience is relevant to this job. Please also include which timezone you are living in, your working hours and which times are best for communication with you.
We would also like to see your Open Source contributions and your GitHub profile.
Please start your reply with the word “Airplane” to help us notice you among all the spam and auto-reply applications.
Thank you for reading all the way until here and we are looking forward to hearing from you.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online