We are after animations of a cartoon frog character for use in a platform side-scroller game.
The style would be similar to the crisp cartoon images you see in iPhone/iPad games such as Cut the Rope. We want a happy, very cute, and slightly quirky/crazy frog. The target age group is 5+
The frog will not be upright, it will jump on all fours (see [url removed, login to view] and [url removed, login to view]). The frog will be in a side on view (to suit platform side-scroller).
The frog is to be mostly green. The eyes white, and pupils black. The tongue is to be pinkish red. No teeth.
A sprite sheet should be produced that includes each frame. Each sequence is between 1 and 2 seconds long, with a frame rate of 10 fps. Each sprite will be centered within a consistently sized region, not wider than 300px.
1) Jump (see attached "[url removed, login to view]" for reference)
2) Tongue flick (to catch a fly for example) (facing left and facing right)
3) Jump from a wall to wall (e.g. while climbing a wall jump to a parallel wall opposite)
4) Jump from floor to perpendicular wall
5) Jump from wall to floor
6) Death (this will not be an actual death, but more to indicate to try again - this has to be child friendly) - this could be a spinning spreadeagled frog with crosses in eye (see "[url removed, login to view]" for reference)
3D based animations are welcome, however the 3d source object with animations might be required.
If the character is not symmetrical (e.g. one eye is not the same as the other), additional sequences are required for the opposite direction.
There is a strong potential for similar projects to be done in the same style at a later date (e.g. backgrounds / characters).
Please provide a relevant example of your work with your bid.