Hi! This is just a preliminary inquiry as the project description is not complete. Feel free to ask/suggest! I will create a real project when the project description is finalized (after getting input from potential programmers). I know Cake PHP at some level. You can suggest another framework if you think there is a reason why Cake isn't a good choise.
What: Membership registry (web application) for associations.
Preferred tools: PHP, MySQL, CakePHP, PayPal (for users&rsquo; payments)
- Do you have experience using Cake PHP?
- Do you have references of sites requiring registration, log-in and payment?
- What is your estimate of the amount of work needed?
- What is your estimate of the cost?
- What is your hourly fee for work after the project is completed? (I&rsquo;m interested in buying product upgrades from the same company that did the whole system)
Description of the application to be created:
- Everything has to be documented properly (database structure, PHP code, stylesheet)
- Works with all browsers (including mobile screens) and looks nice (CSS, JQuery)
- User can register by selecting a user name & choosing a password
- Username availability and password strength is checked
- Email address is validated by sending confirmation email with a link to finish the registration process
- User can change their password in the application or they can request their password if it&rsquo;s forgotten by giving username and email that has to match the email in the application
- User can give a name to their registry (eg. Mumbai Polo Club)
- User can import an Excel file with membership registry data. User can select what data is in which column and choose which columns to import.
- User can add members manually to the database
- User can edit the data of a member. Changes are recorded and listed (eg. the last 20 modifications)
- User can have one club/registry on their account
- User can download a backup of their data in Excel format
- User can search for members with different criteria (name, email, last payment date, date joined, special on/off criteria), select multiple members and delete them or send email to selected members. Example of on/off criteria: &ldquo;Is coach: Yes/No.&rdquo;, &ldquo;Active in PR : Yes/No&rdquo;. On/off criteria is by default set as &lsquo;off&rsquo;/null for all members when the criteria is created.
- Deleted members and their data is moved to trash can, which can be viewed and individual members can be moved back to the registry.
- Registry has pre-defined fields (date joined, last payment date etc.) and user can add new information fields (string/text, character, selection (on/off) etc.) or remove pre-defined fields.
- After login the user has a dashboard view of the registry. User can modify the view (select which elements are shown and specify some parameters).
- Dashboard elements:
- Add a new member -button
- Last 10 members joined
- Last 10 members modified
- Name search field with &ldquo;active response&rdquo; if database is smaller than a admin-defined number
- example of &ldquo;active response&rdquo;, User types in &lsquo;an&rsquo; and the search field suggests &ldquo;Anwari&rdquo; if it&rsquo;s the only name in the registry starting with the characters &lsquo;an&rsquo; OR there is a list of members under the name search field that has a list of members which match the then current search string.
- link to advanced search (search any fields and their combination, eg. search all
- &ldquo;Email to all members&rdquo; button
- &ldquo;post-it&rdquo; type of notes that can contain text and hyperlinks
- messages from the application / customer service -- this can&rsquo;t be removed from the dashboard