inquiry: Membership registry (web application) for associations.
- Status Closed
- Budget €120 EUR
- Total Bids 1
Hi! This is a preliminary inquiry as the project description is not complete. Feel free to ask/suggest! I will create a "real" project when the project description is finalized (after getting input from potential programmers). I know Cake PHP at some level. You can suggest another framework if you think there is a reason why Cake isn't a good choise.
What: Membership registry (web application) for associations.
Preferred tools: PHP, MySQL, CakePHP, PayPal (for users’ payments)
- Do you have experience using Cake PHP?
- Do you have references of sites requiring registration, log-in and payment?
- What is your estimate of the amount of work needed?
- What is your estimate of the cost?
- What is your hourly fee for work after the project is completed? (I’m interested in buying product upgrades from the same company that did the whole system)
Description of the application to be created:
- Everything has to be documented properly (database structure, PHP code, stylesheet)
- Works with all browsers (including mobile screens) and looks nice (CSS, JQuery)
- User can register by selecting a user name & choosing a password
- Username availability and password strength is checked
- Email address is validated by sending confirmation email with a link to finish the registration process
- User can change their password in the application or they can request their password if it’s forgotten by giving username and email that has to match the email in the application
- User can give a name to their registry (eg. Mumbai Polo Club)
- User can import an Excel file with membership registry data. User can select what data is in which column and choose which columns to import.
- User can add members manually to the database
- User can edit the data of a member. Changes are recorded and listed (eg. the last 20 modifications)
- User can have one club/registry on their account
- User can download a backup of their data in Excel format
- User can search for members with different criteria (name, email, last payment date, date joined, special on/off criteria), select multiple members and delete them or send email to selected members. Example of on/off criteria: “Is coach: Yes/No.”, “Active in PR : Yes/No”. On/off criteria is by default set as ‘off’/null for all members when the criteria is created.
- Deleted members and their data is moved to trash can, which can be viewed and individual members can be moved back to the registry.
- Registry has pre-defined fields (date joined, last payment date etc.) and user can add new information fields (string/text, character, selection (on/off) etc.) or remove pre-defined fields.
- After login the user has a dashboard view of the registry. User can modify the view (select which elements are shown and specify some parameters).
- Dashboard elements:
- Add a new member -button
- Last 10 members joined
- Last 10 members modified
- Name search field with “active response” if database is smaller than a admin-defined number
- example of “active response”, User types in ‘an’ and the search field suggests “Anwari” if it’s the only name in the registry starting with the characters ‘an’ OR there is a list of members under the name search field that has a list of members which match the then current search string.
- link to advanced search (search any fields and their combination, eg. search all
- “Email to all members” button
- “post-it” type of notes that can contain text and hyperlinks
- messages from the application / customer service -- this can’t be removed from the dashboard
Get free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online